Thursday, August 27, 2009

Ariella Perez Introduction

My name is Ariella Perez. I was born in New Jersey on April 13, 1986. My family and I moved to Florida when I was nine years old. I have been dancing since the age of three and now I am currently a dance teacher for the City of Hialeah Parks and Recreation. Ever since I started teaching dance I knew education was the career for me. I know that education and giving dance lessons are completely different but I love working with children. For my first education class I had to complete fifteen hours minimum at any school. Being that I work with children ages varying from six to twelve I decided to complete my hours at an elementary school. The experience was wonderful and it took away any doubt that I wanted to become a teacher. However, working with children in a class room was a rude awakening for me. It was much different than just giving dance lessons. I realized teaching in an elementary school was not for me. Since last year I have been volunteering hours at Hialeah High School with the chorus teacher. I am one of the choreographers for their singing troupe. Working with high school students gave me my final decision. I wanted to become a high school teacher. I love the feel of the environment in high school classrooms. I am currently working on getting my degree to become an english teacher with a minor in dance. I am also taking dance lessons at a studio to help perfect my technique in the hopes of one day being able to educate aspiring dancers. I plan to earn my masters in education and hopefully one day I will be able to open my own dance studio. Even though some say education is a thankless job, to be able to do what I love most would in my eyes be enough of a payment.

No comments:

Post a Comment