Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Reflection on Surveys

After having done the required surveys, I realized that there were many things I had never really given much thought to until now. Also, I didn’t know where I stood on political views or certain moral standards but now I have a clearer understanding. While taking the surveys there were many questions that I really did not know how to respond to. I live in a household where my mother is very Christian and my father is an atheist. One can imagine the different lessons I have learned about morality and God and living in sin and what is good in the eyes of God. I have always believed in God however when one has a father who is telling you more liberal and scientific things on the other side, it is quite difficult to determine what I really follow. I believe in God but do not consider myself to be of any religion. However, when I was younger I was raised as a catholic and was baptized and had my communion. I would like to keep that with my children but I would let them discover their own religious believes without trying to feed them too much information. The surveys on men and women were relatively easy for me. My opinion on men and women is simple. Men and women are equal and should have the same equal rights. From the people around me and seeing their personality I can say that some women tend to be more emotional than men but that doesn’t place women in a certain category. One of the questions was about women and the way they feel about love and relationships. Speaking for myself, I do not think being in a relationship is the most important thing and after being in one I tend to want to end it because I feel that in a way you lose a sense of independency when you are with someone. The survey about sex and gender was a little difficult for me because I still am unsure about if someone that has both male and female genitalia is considered which sex. I try to have an open mind about it and I have nothing against it I just don’t feel as if I know enough to start passing judgment on that topic. However, I feel very strongly about homosexuality. I do not see it as an abnormality and I consider myself and advocate for the homosexuals. Many of my friends are homosexuals and I have never felt the least bit uncomfortable being near them or when they showed public display of affection toward their significant other. The last survey I took was to find out what my type was. I already knew that I was going to come out as a liberal. I’m very much like my father in that way. My mother quite the conservative although being in a house with liberal and a very strong liberal has softened her up a bit. I feel that I am open minded to almost anything and do not pass judgment as much as others and I am very content with the way I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment